Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Grandfather's 100 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965)

ambrola 03-28-2017 10:04 AM

Tim, I have the bracket for the spring assist. I also have a spring that I cut down that will work. They are for an Original, but I think they are the same? You can have them if you need them. Great project for you and Grandpa. Byw, I also have a seat if they are the same as the Originals? It has been welded and is in primer.

olds45512 03-28-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrola (Post 413767)
Tim, I have the bracket for the spring assist. I also have a spring that I cut down that will work. They are for an Original, but I think they are the same? You can have them if you need them. Great project for you and Grandpa. Byw, I also have a seat if they are the same as the Originals? It has been welded and is in primer.

Thanks for the offer but the 100 uses a different spring assist, I also found the correct seat locally for $10 so I'm good there also.

ambrola 03-28-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 413781)
Thanks for the offer but the 100 uses a different spring assist, I also found the correct seat locally for $10 so I'm good there also.

Oh well, I have a bunch of parts that are yours if you can use them. I would like to see Grandad on his old Cub. :biggrin2:

olds45512 03-31-2017 09:18 AM

I have fenders and a frame lined up and with any luck I can pick them up Sunday, I've also talked to Jeff about a driveshaft. I think for now I'm going to skip the engine rebuild, the engine runs great and doesn't smoke and I really don't have the extra funds for a rebuild at this time. After 6yrs my wife has finally got a job which has severely​ limited my free time but hopefully I can start working on it early next week.

olds45512 04-02-2017 07:51 PM

I took a ride out to Ohio today to visit Deltacub, she gave me a great deal on some fenders and a frame and even threw in a few extra parts for free. With these parts in hand I can now begin the process of straightening everything out so the parts fit properly and then it will be time to disassemble for it's date with the sandblaster. Thanks again Deltacub.:beerchug:

darkminion_17 04-02-2017 07:55 PM

Always great to meet a forum member, How far is Ohio from you Tim?

olds45512 04-02-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 414531)
Always great to meet a forum member, How far is Ohio from you Tim?

The trip was only 2hrs each way.

DeltaCub 04-02-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414529)
I took a ride out to Ohio today to visit Deltacub, she gave me a great deal on some fenders and a frame and even threw in a few extra parts for free. With these parts in hand I can now begin the process of straightening everything out so the parts fit properly and then it will be time to disassemble for it's date with the sandblaster. Thanks again Deltacub.:beerchug:

Always nice to visit with you Tim! Looking forward to the outcome:beerchug: of Grandpa's tractor restoration. Thanks again!

J-Mech 04-03-2017 03:59 AM

Looks like you have your work cut out for you Tim. I'm sure you can handle it.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::WWP::WWP:

ambrola 04-03-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414529)

Makes me feel good about our little group. Helping each other out is what it's all about.:beerchug: