Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Grandfather's 100 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965)

olds45512 04-03-2017 03:01 PM

Decals are on the way and as soon as I remember to write down the numbers I will order the new engine tag from redoyourhorse.

twoton 04-03-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 414576)

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::WWP::WWP:

What he said.

olds45512 04-04-2017 08:53 AM

Do you know what sucks worse than having no money? Having no time. Since my wife started a new job last week I have to go straight from work to home to get my son off the bus which eliminates working in the evenings. I'm gonna push hard to have this done and at PA plow day but I'd be shocked if I can pull it off, I only have about 6 workable days from now till then and it will flat out take a miracle.

olds45512 04-04-2017 03:19 PM

The engine id tag has been ordered so all that's really left to order is a clutch disk, I'm gonna have a pile of parts pretty soon and hopefully I can find the time to work on it. The other body guy here offered to help with the bodywork on the fenders and hood which would be a great help but I declined because it doesn't feel right farming out the work to someone else on this particular project.

Dirty Steve 04-04-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414771)
Do you know what sucks worse than having no money? Having no time.

Got that right! Kids rule my free time also. I'm just thankful they are healthy. I'll be lucky to have the 70 I am working on done in the next two years at this rate!!!

darkminion_17 04-04-2017 07:37 PM

Tim,
I would like to see that 100 at plow day, 6 days is plenty of time in your profession, so get to work and to get some help to get it done, swallow your pride, a little help goes a long way...

Alvy 04-04-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 414830)
Tim,
I would like to see that 100 at plow day, 6 days is plenty of time in your profession, so get to work and to get some help to get it done, swallow your pride, a little help goes a long way...

Why don't you give him the Lew line and call him a slacker?

darkminion_17 04-04-2017 07:48 PM

Tim,
Alvy told me to tell you are a slacker.
You are a slacker.
Alvy is a slacker, no new post about the 169.
Alvy is a slacker.

john hall 04-04-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414771)
Do you know what sucks worse than having no money? Having no time. Since my wife started a new job last week I have to go straight from work to home to get my son off the bus which eliminates working in the evenings. I'm gonna push hard to have this done and at PA plow day but I'd be shocked if I can pull it off, I only have about 6 workable days from now till then and it will flat out take a miracle.

You'll figure it out and if you don't, it doesn't matter in the long run. You have your grandfathers tractor and are restoring it, missing a plow day isn't that important. By the way, blink twice, maybe 3 times and your son will have a drivers license, just saying.:bigthink:

If you have quality help offered, then why not take it. I get this is a family heirloom. If the engine needed machine work, you'd hire it done. You'd hire tires changed also. I'm sure your grandfather will understand and approve of enlisting some help.:beerchug:

zippy1 04-04-2017 11:51 PM

So you cleaning up and using the factory IH bolts, or going the off brand run of the mill, everyday bolts? Then again, I don't recall you saying you were doing a restoration in the first place... Or are you?:bigthink: