Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Grandfather's 100 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965)

olds45512 04-05-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 414882)
So you cleaning up and using the factory IH bolts, or going the off brand run of the mill, everyday bolts? Then again, I don't recall you saying you were doing a restoration in the first place... Or are you?:bigthink:

I will be using new bolts, I like the look of new bolts plus I like being able to work on the tractor in the future without having to worry about hurting the hardware. The tractor already has a bunch of mismatched random hardware anyway, I will probably go stainless for most of the hardware.

olds45512 04-05-2017 07:29 AM

I posted this in the wanted section but am posting here to help get more views. I bought a nf spring assist that's missing the rod that goes from the spring to the bracket on the rockshaft, If someone has one I would be interested. If not then I need someone to trace the rod on paper and mail it to me so I can make my own, you can pm me or post in this thread. Thanks.

yeeter 04-05-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 414882)
So you cleaning up and using the factory IH bolts, or going the off brand run of the mill, everyday bolts? Then again, I don't recall you saying you were doing a restoration in the first place... Or are you?:bigthink:

I am beginning to wonder if he is doing anything.... nary a pic.

olds45512 04-05-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeter (Post 414963)
I am beginning to wonder if he is doing anything.... nary a pic.

Do you want pics of me ordering parts? I will get some time this weekend to work on it and I will be sure to post some pics.

john hall 04-05-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414968)
Do you want pics of me ordering parts? I will get some time this weekend to work on it and I will be sure to post some pics.

That's the spirit! You know, somebody has to post this....
:TTWWP:

We know you're busy, but hey the gang has still gotta get their jabs in.:biggrin2:
Seriously, looking forward to your documentation when you have an opportunity.

twoton 04-05-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414892)
I posted this in the wanted section but am posting here to help get more views. I bought a nf spring assist that's missing the rod that goes from the spring to the bracket on the rockshaft, If someone has one I would be interested. If not then I need someone to trace the rod on paper and mail it to me so I can make my own, you can pm me or post in this thread. Thanks.

Yosemite Sam has made some in the past so maybe give him a shout. They are also available here;

http://ccspecialties.org/spring_assist.html

darkminion_17 04-05-2017 08:50 PM

Anyone send you a tracing Tim?

Jeff in Pa 04-05-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 414889)
I will be using new bolts, I like the look of new bolts plus I like being able to work on the tractor in the future without having to worry about hurting the hardware. The tractor already has a bunch of mismatched random hardware anyway, I will probably go stainless for most of the hardware.

Don't use s/s in strength applications. The strong stainless hardware is expensive and the stuff you get at the hardware store is a lesser grade.

Driveshaft ships Thursday. I sent an email with the tracking number.

Jeff

olds45512 04-05-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 414975)
Anyone send you a tracing Tim?

Not yet.:bigthink:

olds45512 04-05-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 414976)
Don't use s/s in strength applications. The strong stainless hardware is expensive and the stuff you get at the hardware store is a lesser grade.

Driveshaft ships Thursday. I sent an email with the tracking number.

Jeff

Thanks for getting the shaft done so fast, you the man Jeff.:beerchug: