Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Grandfather's 100 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965)

x.bhamcb 04-05-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa (Post 414976)
Don't use s/s in strength applications. The strong stainless hardware is expensive and the stuff you get at the hardware store is a lesser grade.

Driveshaft ships Thursday. I sent an email with the tracking number.

Jeff

Thanks for saying it Jeff. I had the same thought when I read that post, but I still feel too new to point out such things.

olds45512 04-06-2017 07:58 AM

If I do use stainless it will only be for the stuff that's out of the open like the fenders and dash tower, everything else will be regular grade 5, for now I will probably use regular bolts in all of it and maybe change them out to stainless later. The decals came in yesterday and they look great, the only issue I had was my wife opened them before I got home which is half the fun of getting cub parts in the mail.:angry:

Oak 04-06-2017 08:53 AM

Looks like I'm late to the party. I'd like to say good job Tim but I don't see any pics.:biggrin2::biggrin2:

I'm sure you are doing a great job.:beerchug:

Oh,:TTWWP:

olds45512 04-06-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oak (Post 415017)
Looks like I'm late to the party. I'd like to say good job Tim but I don't see any pics.:biggrin2::biggrin2:

I'm sure you are doing a great job.:beerchug:

Oh,:TTWWP:

Haven't even touched it yet, my wife is off the weekend so I'm hoping to make some serious tracks on it. I promise I will get some pics for everybody as soon as I get a chance to actually get some work done.

olds45512 04-06-2017 10:00 AM

Just won a grille on eBay, it was a bit more than I wanted to pay but it looks to be in great shape and came with the support brackets. Other than the rod for the spring assist I think I have all the pieces I need, I can't wait till Saturday so I can tear into this thing.

Edit- it would appear I was bidding against Dirty Steve for the grille, Steve just pm'd me to voice his displeasure.:biggrin2: just kidding, he was a good sport about it.

cadzag72 04-06-2017 06:59 PM

Tim, I may have the spring assist piece you need. I'll check my parts pile later this evening and let you know!

cadzag72 04-06-2017 08:17 PM

My apologies, the spring assist in my pile is missing that very same piece. I do have a spring assist on one of the 125's waiting its turn, so if I can remove it in a timely fashion I'll send it to you to copy. Should be able to work on it Saturday evening.

olds45512 04-06-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadzag72 (Post 415080)
My apologies, the spring assist in my pile is missing that very same piece. I do have a spring assist on one of the 125's waiting its turn, so if I can remove it in a timely fashion I'll send it to you to copy. Should be able to work on it Saturday evening.

That would be excellent. Thanks

olds45512 04-07-2017 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hit it with​ some degreaser before leaving work just to get it ready for tomorrow, take a good look cause this will be the last time you see it looking like this.

zippy1 04-07-2017 11:42 PM

LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN...:NailBite::popcorn::GoodLuck::beer2::beerc hug: