View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 02:25 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
The owner of the AHW Elburn Property wanted AHW to Pay him for 20 years, Basically a retirement Plan, He wouldn't take a one-time payment for the dealership Property Like a normal real estate sale. So they just chose to move their People to Hampshire and Somonauk. It had nothing to do with the location; the previous JD dealer who owned the Property was very, very Greedy. He Basically wanted the sale Price Paid for rent each Year for 20 years.

Ralph Helm Jr, when He Bought RF Houtz, moved its Location out Into the Business district on the west side of Town. He had a driver who killed someone In an accident and was sued. Ralph Jr is Not the sole owner Of Ralph Helm anymore. He has Two Partners. He couldn't afford to Keep Elburn and Crystal Lake open because of the lawsuit, which again had nothing to do with the size of the Town either.

Buck Bros never Owned the Elburn Location. The did try to Buy it before AHW bought it. But again Elthers wanted to Much Money for it . Now it sites there as a Vacant Property . Buck also tried to Buy the Rockford dealership But he wanted them to Buy the ACE Hardware Next door to the Dealership as well

Buck Bros chose to Merge with AHW

Buck bros Locations Prior to Merger with AHW
Harvard
Hampshire
Libertyville
Wauconda

Rob Houtz sold in 2015 because he wanted to retire and with the earlier death of his son In Law Skip Nobody In the Family wanted to take over the dealership

Rob is still there In Elburn at the west end of South Street, where He runs his Cub Bone Yard. He's getting a 3208 I purchased from him ready for delivery next week for me. It had a Hydraulic Leak, and he's installing a 190-207-100 3-point hitch on the Tractor as well. That's the second used Tractor I have bought from him in the Last 3 years.
Rob's a good guy, I've had some peanuts and beer there and gotten parts from him.

That's too bad that the landowner forced their hand. I guess I'm surprised Buck was renting all along, and AHW must have decided they weren't going to fall for that.
1282 | 44C Deck, Chains, 42" Blade, Cast Weights, 020" Over K301 * 1711 | 50C Deck, #1 Rear Rototiller w/ Extensions, Sleeve Hitch, KT17S Series II 24302 --> CH18S * 1811 | 46 GT Deck, 42" Blade, Chains, M18 Magnum, Sleeve Hitch * 1782 | 60" #375 Deck, Kubota D640 Diesel * 1862 | #450 Snowblower, M18 Magnum * 782 | Y/W KT17 Series II, Sleeve Hitch * 984 | Y/W Onan/Linamar 20HP, Sims Cab, CAT 0 3 PT w/ Rear PTO, 60" #374 Deck