Thread: Test
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 12:50 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
Yeah Buddy, Been going to the PA dirt races since I was 5 (Reading Fair Grounds), I'm 57 now. Probably safe to say I've eaten my fair share of clay over the years, and depending on who you ask, ate a good amount of paint chips too . Funny thing about your reference about turning right while going left. I knew instantly when I read your post what you were talking about. That pic is at the end of the straight at the formerly called Susquehanna Raceway Park, now called BAPS or something close. Not sure how I'm not in that pic as that was my usual standing spot. The race car hauler and truck was right behind that turn for the 410 guys. The young man behind the wheel of that 410 is Alex and that was his very first time in a 410. He drove a P.A.S.S. (305) sprint car about a year before this endeavor. It was the year end sprint bonanza (forget real name of the event) mid Oct, 2015 IIRC, and paid 10 grand to win. So that pic is of him in time trials (he never lifted, I would have heard) with about 5-6 laps under his belt from hot laps, minutes earlier . He made it in the feature through the consi and started 23rd IIRC He really got the hang of it quick and was really flying the last 12-15 laps and finished 9th. it was pretty cool when he got out of the car after the feature and everybody just started applauding on the fine first time in a 410 and really just pretty darn good driving. Many drivers came up and congratulated him while we were loading everything up and pounding a few cold ones. It was a great night.
Something to be said for a man that has no fear and drives on adrenaline.
To hear the noise, smell the fuel, and eat the dirt, is something that has to be experienced, as an explanation cannot describe it adequately.
-------Like a lot of thing's in life.