Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Well, It was technically yesterday, But I doubt Yall'll mind...

I was instructed by my mom, to go and take the 4wheeler, and take some pics for out neighbor, who lives in Pennsylvania, but has property next to us, So I did that, Took the pics, then mom said, she wanted to go check it out, also after work,

So as I was putting the lawnmower back into the shed, Because I knew I didn't want it to stay outside, for a few hours un attended, I decided, That 2 vehicles was better than 1, when it comes to moving 2 people, So i proceded to get the cub started, Went back inside, Got key, put key in ignition switch, and went to put the Glow plugs, Nothing happened, I turned it toward the fuel pump, and that worked, Next went to the started, it turned, But barrly, batterys dead, but that's to be expected.

So, I've never head of the glow plugs not working, because of the dead battery, it's normally the fuel pump, So I know the plugs are on top of the engine, so I track them down, Find out that the wire that leads up to the either the positive or negative side, But seeing as how, I only saw one, I'm assuming that it's only connected threw positive, and grounded therw the engine block, or else I'm missing it... Can't see the other...

So I sent an email to dad, to bring me some new slip connectors tomorrow/today, So I can try to start her up, Once I realized it wasn't starting today, I started to do the daily stuff, Oil... I make sure the switch works, before I start into that, because we've had issues with that switch before...

Next after engine oil, which is tip top, is the hydro fluid, Which isn't on the stick, WHAT We just fixed that issue, Well eveodentally, now she's leeking from somewhere else, So I guess, I get to call dad, and tell him, not to bring over the connector, that I'm going to be bringing the cub this weekend to the camp...

I'll probably get some pics tomorrow...

Yeaaaa , not really...
Cody
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminkey View Post
Nice pics Duke! What do you do after plowing? I'm guessing the tiller? You really tore that turf up good

Thanks guys, just refired the 71 and a little carb adjust and she runs sweet! Need to take the throttle cable off and getting working better, way to sticky. I got the blower primed up today as its supposed to rain the next 2 days here
Thanks Jude! The tiller is next on my list for more seat time.

The blower is looking great!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Banned

Default You ever get that feeling that...

Have you ever gotten that feeling that even tho you did something and it works but your gut tells you that it's wrong?

Well after installing the creeper gear Monday night I had the 122 ready for the choke and throttle cables to be hooked back up and was going to do finish it up Tuesday. I just couldn't stop thinking that the creeper wasn't working right. I could see that it was working and was able turn the creeper and see the rear end move in high and lo ranges but it didn't feel right to me. So Tuesday I didn't finish it up I just wanted to see if that gut feeling went away and it didn't. So tonight after dinner I resplit the 122 and was correct the handle wasn't going all the way into lo range. Had to be the spriol pin. I was right the pin was installed a little to far on one side and wasn't allowing the creeper to go fully into lo range. It was contacting the lo range but not fully. If I handn't fixed it would have broken or worn out the lo range.

So now that I feel better about my work I'm going to work on getting the mule drive and tiller gear box and tiller working so I can start tilling some of these gardens I've been plowing the past couple of weeks. I hope to have pics tomorrow of some real progres and hopefully no more redo's on my work. On a positive note I can split and rejoin my 122 faster now!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Grand Member

Methos
Glad you got it fixed before you tore something up
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Grand Member

You've been busy, Duke!

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Sminkey

Default Good save Duke!

I know the feeling, redo's kinda suck, but at least you can split the tractor faster! It's still gratifying to find and fix problems, even if it's our fault. Looking forward to more pics of how your tiller turns out!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Sminkey

Default a little tinkering

Went and got a battery charger off craigslist today for the tractors, mainly cause I left the ignition on the 71 last night and killed the battery. Got a very nice old charger for $15 and a tiny air compressor(old school too) for $5. On my way home stopped at the Depot and picked up some stuff for the poorman's paint booth that I'll be setting up this weekend. Need somewhere to paint this winter and not coat everything in the shop. . Ok, my grote tailight on my 71 came with the contacts for the bulb disintegrated and the bulb fixture is fused to the housing, decided to see if I could find something that would work at local parts store(Sanel) and they had the exact internal contact! Couldn't believe it, so got home excited to hook up rear light and when I did it didn't work. Traced the wire and it was broken up where steering column goes through chassis, fixed that and took care of that issue. Now I need to get a lense for tailight. Popped the gear off the snowblower and I think I need to replace that, lol. Also installed the gearbox for the tiller, thought I might as well for added weight and I wanted to see what it looked like, I love it, these tractors rule
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0517.jpg (30.7 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0516.jpg (16.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Grand Member

Cool pic, it's always nice getting cub time!

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

Jude I wish I had a grote light tonight. I want a clear one so I can till when it gets late so I don't have to wait until tomorrow!

I got the gear box, mule drive and tiller installed tonight but it was to dark to do to much with it. I did till with it but it was to dark to see what was going on but I was kicking up dust so the tines were working!

1st pic just so I had one of 122 split. 2nd pic creeper installed correctly this time! 3rd who needs paint on a tiller? 4th I need extensions and Paint! I did add the rear plate on the back of the tiller it will show up on the next set of picture's.

I just wish while I had it split I could have started my restore and repiant project. I'm just no where close to being set up for that job right now, but I'm getting seat time tomorrow! And that's all that counts!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Sminkey

Default I'm jealous!

:biggrin2.gif:ah you have the infamous missing pulley guard on your tiller:biggrin2.gif:. As for the grote, I think I'm gonna run a clear lense for snowblowing this winter, that way at night I can see backin up. Your tractor is looking sweet and nice to hear the dust was kickin up too. Extensions, well I have 2 on my tiller and will be taking them off as my biggest engine in the group is a k181 bored .010 over. Make me an offer for the pair...