Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 11:21 AM

I definately hear ya bro, sometimes it's better to find something that is already the way u want. But in this case, I'd rather pull it all apart anyway so the pieces can be stripped and repainted and it will look really well. If I got a cubby that was pretty "ok" then I'd just run it and never have the gumption to do it up right. get to know the machine this way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
Must be related to mudrig150.
Your time, your $$ and your busted knuckles, have at it!!
Old 02-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
The road to the junk yard is paved with not-so-bright ideas, unfinished projects and cobble craft extrodinaire.
I feel like this belongs on a sign in my garage, up above all the cobble craft and unfinished projects.

I've started on 7 projects in the past 6 months. Some of them are patched together in a hurry, some are in a million pieces, and some of them are waiting for parts that I should have bought with the money I spent to buy another gasoline powered turd that should have been flushed.

There's 11 lawnmowers at my house and not a single one will start right up and cut grass. (2 cubs run but I'm short on deck parts). I'm going to pick up 2 more with blown transaxles so I can make a wagon out of them next week.

I have 2 motorcycles. One hasn't ran in the 4 years that I've owned it. The other one is mint other than a broken turn signal, but in December I tore it apart to make it a bobber and haven't touched it since. I traded another project that I never finished for it in November and only rode it once.

I've been doing this kind of stuff all my life. I cannot tell you how many unfinished projects I've dumped hundreds into and scrapped. I'm almost 40 and set in my ways but you sound young, original poster, and there's still hope! Learn from this man while there's still time.
Grumpy old 149/1A tiller, Trusty Rusty 106, & a Massey Ferguson 10 to work the garden, Tiny Snapper to mow the lawn. Slowly accumulating attachments and quickly driving the neighbors crazy on a half acre homestead.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 PM

LOL thats my life story and I'm not young I'm 55. Bought my first 1940's reel lawn mower with cast briggs 2hp horizontal, made a go kart but mrs smith called the cops and they shut me down, so I took the motor to the harbor where I found and old dock washed up, and installed it on that with a conduit drive shaft and borrowed LH prop from the boat yard that then gave me an after school job. literally hundreds of projects later, many unfinished, here I am. I have three boat projects, an unfinished (but usable) teardrop camper, a bridgeport mill in pieces that will need a shed to put it in, and God knows whatever else... it's a lot. But it's wayyy better than a lot of vices and the wifey is happy to have me around and out of trouble... so I go with it!
Old 02-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Grand Member

Ha! Sounds like you live down on Common Fence Point.

Hey, there's a 100 on CL down around Post Road. Comes with a front blade, mower deck & tire chains for 600 quahogs or best offer....
Old 02-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Grand Member

Any fendahs?
Old 02-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Grand Member

No fendahs, no headlights.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM

I'm a cheapskate, looking for a bare bones to fix up I can add blade and deck later. Just missed one that was almost free coulda had it for 75 I think...
Old 02-02-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyRI View Post
LOL thats my life story and I'm not young I'm 55. Bought my first 1940's reel lawn mower with cast briggs 2hp horizontal, made a go kart but mrs smith called the cops and they shut me down, so I took the motor to the harbor where I found and old dock washed up, and installed it on that with a conduit drive shaft and borrowed LH prop from the boat yard that then gave me an after school job. literally hundreds of projects later, many unfinished, here I am. I have three boat projects, an unfinished (but usable) teardrop camper, a bridgeport mill in pieces that will need a shed to put it in, and God knows whatever else... it's a lot. But it's wayyy better than a lot of vices and the wifey is happy to have me around and out of trouble... so I go with it!
Its definitely better than other vices. I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict, and I certainly concur that the junk I'm into now is much better than the junk that almost killed me.

That boat sounds awesome. I wish it were that easy to build a homemade powered watercraft or trailer here in PA. Good luck getting registration on either, and don't get caught without it.

I can't even imagine the projects I'd start and never finish if I had a clapped out old Bridgeport in my empire of dirt, and I only dream of some day owning another old boat to mow around until the city makes me move it.
Grumpy old 149/1A tiller, Trusty Rusty 106, & a Massey Ferguson 10 to work the garden, Tiny Snapper to mow the lawn. Slowly accumulating attachments and quickly driving the neighbors crazy on a half acre homestead.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 AM

Dawg that sucks. I heard about the home made trailer issue. And you say BOATS too? Here even though were supposedly a "communist state" you just walk in with receipts for materials and a picture helps and a home made boat or trailer is registered with little hassle. I make trailers for my stuff. Too bad PA is such a beautiful place in so many ways and with the amount of rural you'd think they wouldnt have squashed what I think is a constitutional freedom to make ur own shit! Anyway at least there's lots of other stuff to make.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:43 PM

well don't come to Illinois. I went thru their BS with a scratch built home made trailer back in 2011, after lots of angry phone calls about delays etc (was tired of it being a lawn ornament, useless w/o license plate, couldn't get license plate without title, etc) what a nightmare.

in the end they don't give a rat's arse about build quality or safety, as long as all DOT required lights are there and work. but if you don't have a receipt for EVERYTHING used in the build, as far as they are concerned it must be stolen... not like any of us mechanical/fabricator types have any of the stuff needed just laying around...…. typical bureaucratical BS... they claim too many were pulling trailers and campers out of the weeds, titling as "homemade" and then said trailer reported stolen.... some having sat in the weeds who knows how long, how many property owners ago. so their "answer" was red tape, barking up wrong trees and many finished projects "except for waiting on their red tape"