Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Sorry photos are so big. At least this way you get a good close up look! I see it looks like there's been some welding on the blower but it's 37+ Years old....
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Grand Member

Showing up with $900 cash couldn't hurt! seems to change peoples minds. Would take more just in case.

April 1979 1200 Quietline 44A deck 1988 1211 customized into a 1288 with a K301AQS 38C deck and a 1864 54” deck . Snow blades 42" and 54" . Brinly disk, brinly plow a cultivator and a $5 brinly yard rake!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Randy, I agree with Duke, Darrell, and Jeff. I'd start at $900, but if everything is in good shape $1300 is about right. Like Jeff said, $200 is the low end for a good tiller and a good snowblower. You can find mower decks on Ebay for $375. That doesn't mean someone's paying that, but sellers are trying to get that. The deck looks like it's in pretty good shape in the pics. So $500 for the tractor with deck, $250 for the tiller, $250 for the snowblower, and $125-$150 for the blade puts you at $1150. I agree that when the seller sees a handful of cash he'll want to work with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncub7172 View Post
It took me untill last saturday to see why a IH Cub Cadet are above JD. 97 percent of pullers have a gear IH Cub Cadet. Nice IH Cub Cadet man!
I met a puller a couple of weeks ago who pulls with a cub cadet 124. No modifications other than the bars to keep it from flipping over. He blew me away when he told me it has the original clutch on it! Just a testament to how tough cubs are.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 PM

It'd be pretty rare to find an old QL with good ISO mounts, as far as I've seen. Almost no one ever replaces them, except for guys that really know and care for their Cubs.

The 1450 I bought, the PO spent $550 this spring on new stuff, including the front flange, new flex discs, etc...but the ISO's were left shot to heck.

And to your query about why he'd take those side panels off - most guys think it'll help their engine cool better, but on the contrary, IH designed them for optimal cooling with the panels on.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Grand Member

There are other cubs out there if you don't obtain this one and there are more attachments out there as well. It depends what you want to do with it right now. If you plan on putting all of those attachments to good use right away and do not want to go on a scavenger hunt at times, then see if you can acquire them for around $1000-$1100. If you want a cub for just one specific task, then you can save some $$ and find one similar to that for about $300-$400 or so, (at least in my area.....sometimes the price changes based on location, and of course the connections you have). You can always acquire the attachments later on and as you need them or want them. Sometimes, you might have to walk away from it and realize that the deal just wasn't meant to work out and that there are other cubs out there. I see a lot of cubs from your state on E-bay for reasonable prices and it might not hurt to keep your eyes open for confederate yellow (or if you're luck a red one) on your next drive through the countryside....who knows what you might come across!!!

Welcome to the sight and hopefully you will join our "Cub Club" soon!!!

Cub Cadet 123
Old 08-26-2011, 01:24 AM

the question to ask yourself is what do you want to do with the cub? Do you need a tiller, snow plow and snow thrower?

I know you could get a similar IH tractor that runs with a mower deck for about 1/3 of this guy's asking price. Do some maintenance for it and then pick up a plow or snow thrower if you even need them. I don't see the point in getting redundant implements like a snow plow and snow blower, you'll just have to sell some of them or trip over them in the garage.

-Mark
1978 1450
1976 1450
Old 08-26-2011, 10:05 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As for what accessories I need. Snowblower is #1, the tiller would be ok. I have a small garden and it would be overkill but if I had this I would get rid of my walk behind tiller so that would be alright. The blade would be the least needed of the bunch but if I ended up getting the "FEVER" you all describe I'm sure another one could end up in my garage and as someone said why change attachments when you can just change tractors. Time is usually pretty tight between the random hours of work, my wifes activities and chasing my 8 year old around for sports and scouts. I guess it would be nice to just get everything at once and clean it up and be ready to use it although I would be missing out on the "THRILL OF THE CHASE". If I do it I"m sure you'll see a lot more of me on here. Thanks again for everyones time and suggestions.

Randy
Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Randy thanks for the updates. If your like me once you have a bigger tiller you'll have a bigger garden! If you like it and can afford it the price isn't to out of range. I don't see him dropping down to $900 maybe $1150 but don't see him going any lower. But to help you get a better price check out my pics in my 1200 thread. There you'll be able to see what the clutch looks like when the ISO mounts are worn out. Unlike my pics the 3 pin drive should have equal pin showing thru the friction disc. There are also pics of my rear ISO mounts. You can clearly see that they are well worn out. If the ISO mounts are worn out use that to get a lower price.

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...7&postcount=25

Some tips to help you out when you go look at it. Your going to go look at I'm sure of it! Check the oil level and make sure it's at the top full line. If the oil level is low it makes to engine smoke less. Look at the 3 pin drive on the clutch and make sure it doesn't look like mine! It will be hard to see the ISO mounts but the clutch will show miss alginment if they are worn. Once it starts up feel the tunnel cover for vibration. There should be very little. If the ISO mounts are badly worn the engine will rattle in the cradle when you increase the idle.

Keep us up to date!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Looks like the snowblower is complete , but do check for bent augers , sprocket,chain,bearing wear on this. Looks like it is 42" also ?? Unless he hooks it to the tractor , you won't hear any funny noises until you hook it up. The snowblowers take a beating sometimes , the snow has everything covered and you can't see whats in there.

Looks like the tiller is complete as well. Check the tines out , and check out everything else listed above. Oh , and if it is a #2 tiller and you want to sell it and you are not to far from where i live in MO. , i would be interested !!

The blade frame has had some reinforcing done to it , which never hurts. They have been the easiest attachment for me to find. I think i have five or six of them. People get tired of them being in the way.

If you are like most of us , you will want a tractor for every attachment , if you have the room and funds. Makes life alot easier , but obviously you will spend more on maitenance.. If you do not buy other tractors , go to HF and buy two of their furniture dollys for the tiller and blower , maybe the blade also. They are having a tent sale this weekend and they are like ten bucks apiece.

Cubs are everywhere in my area , and i bet they are in your area also. The attachments seem to be harder for me to find than the tractors. But you do have to keep an eye on CL and try to beat all the other tractor guys there !!

Hope this helps , because now my two fingers hurt !!!!!!!

Darrell
Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Inactive Member

Duke, he might have a hard time looking for the 3 pin driver on the clutch since the one he is looking at is a hydro. :0)

AJ
1979 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]682- Mag18, Sleeve Hitch, Spring Assist, #1 Tiller
1980 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]782- Mag18, Sleeve Hitch
1983 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]982- Stock, Fully Optioned