Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM

I made some more progress today. I got the new glow plugs in (but not wired), I started to work on the c44 deck, as it is in sorry shape. When I bought it the PO said that it needed a new belt (yeah right I thought it's prob rusted solid as well).

As I start breaking it down, it looks like at least one of the pulleys are frozen, because none of them would turn.

IMG_0940 by yamaguy, on Flickr

Once I got the belt gaurd off, I found that the deck belt had jumped off of the right spindle. It jamed everything up, maybe the tensioner is not right (it was a bit stiff).

IMG_0945 by yamaguy, on Flickr

IMG_0947 by yamaguy, on Flickr

They spin so freely it is like they are brand new (becides the surface rust!). I am gonna restore the deck as well, what color paint it correct for CCC attachments? I am going to remove the blades and spindles, any tips?
48" Deck_______________________QA-42a/b Snowthrower
Rear lift ________________________XMW cat-0 rear lift
Model 2 tiller____________________12" cat-0 Brinly plow
Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Grand Member

You've been busy, Dale. Thanks for the progress pics.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM

I had kind of stalled out on the 882 over the winter, but finally got back to it and got it running. Boy this thing is nice! I put the cat 0 from XMW and have used it to move my 20' car hauler (tongue weight about 400lbs) around the yard and it works great!! *

I thought that the whole throttle assembly was NLA, but the cables are still available through Cub. So that solved that problem. When I bought the 882 the voltage regulator was fried, I bought a new regulator/ alt combo, as I installed it the PO just cut the wires along with the connector and I had to just match the wires up by color. The only thing is that when I turned the key to run the regulator started to spark!! I quickly turned the key off and now have to figure this new problem out. I have a feeling that there may be an issue with the wiring harness and that is why the original one burned out. So for now I use it would know charging system and just put on the battery tender every three or four times the use of the top battery backup since the mower deck is not attached yet. I may look into a completely new wiring harness, but am going to investigate first. Also the new reduction starter is hanging up every 3 or 4 times I go to start it and I have to tap in it. I am going to have to warranty it out. so while my diesel cub is running and I can drive around pulling the leaf sweeper and all that I still have to figure out some big issues before it's fully functional, but it will get there.*

Also my electric fuel pump is not working, and I need a new one. Where is the best place to buy one? All the ones I can find are $150 and I would like to try and spend less if possible.
No pics tonight my laptop is down and I am on my iPhone.*
48" Deck_______________________QA-42a/b Snowthrower
Rear lift ________________________XMW cat-0 rear lift
Model 2 tiller____________________12" cat-0 Brinly plow
Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Dale, did you try an auto parts store for the pump and do you run 2 ground wires?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:39 PM

What you found under the belt cover is a good reason to NOT put that thing back on your deck. Mine came with one but I have never used it for the reason of not being able to clean and see what is happening to your deck. There was probably some lawyer's reason for it in the first place but it serves no useful purpose.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:46 PM

Sounds like you've been busy!

I had to replace the throttle on mine, too..When the guy first delivered it, we were trying to start it in the his covered trailer. It was about 10 degrees or less, and since it had sat in there all night, the cable was frozen and we snapped it.

That diesel has never started harder than that time.