Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Nice tractor
And Story
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM

nice to see that some kids love cool things. you did a great job. you have given her something that you did with your own 2 hands. she seems really happy with it. its unfortanate that the other kids her age will probably not share the love for a machine like that. its unusual for a kid to want something like that its even more unusual for a girl to want something like that. i hope she loves it and takes care of it, it looks fantasic. she will probably be mowing her own lawn as a grown woman in many years with that very same machine.

you didn't go out and just buy her something expensive you rebuilt something for her, its really cool. in an era of expensive electronic do-dads that will break in a couple years or less you have given her something far better and will last many many years.

now make sure you teach her how to grease the machine, change the oil, due tune ups, ect.

hopefully when she gets older she will also have a love for older cars.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad356 View Post
nice to see that some kids love cool things. you did a great job. you have given her something that you did with your own 2 hands. she seems really happy with it. its unfortanate that the other kids her age will probably not share the love for a machine like that. its unusual for a kid to want something like that its even more unusual for a girl to want something like that. i hope she loves it and takes care of it, it looks fantasic. she will probably be mowing her own lawn as a grown woman in many years with that very same machine.

you didn't go out and just buy her something expensive you rebuilt something for her, its really cool. in an era of expensive electronic do-dads that will break in a couple years or less you have given her something far better and will last many many years.

now make sure you teach her how to grease the machine, change the oil, due tune ups, ect.

hopefully when she gets older she will also have a love for older cars.
Her brother got an original 2 years ago and she has wanted one ever since. We go to lots of tractor shows so it is something that she enjoys with the family. It all started with a 1941 Farmall H I bought from my father in-law, I took it apart in the garage (almost a divorce) painted and put it back together. Both kids had a ball turning wrenches. I have 2 other Cub Cadets to redo along with a 1937 Farmall F20. I also have a shed in the back yard to prevent the divorce. We are IH collectors I guess you would say.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM

i have a child on the way myself and its going to be a boy. i have a 1971 john deere 112 and a 1970 IH cub cadet 147. right now the 112 runs and the 147 is undergoing a mechanical restoration. eventually i would like to do a full cosmetic restoration on both tractors. this is certainlly something i want to share with my son. he will be running the deere(when he gets older) and i will be running the cub, lol. i will be able to get my 2 acre lawn mowed in 45 minutes. as long as there are parts for these machines, i say keep them running and not just as collectors items but as true workhorse machines, thats what they were designed for. share them with the kids and keep the hobby alive. they are more than just mowers, they also do a wonderful job tilling, and removing snow. i dont understand people that have a classic GT that they keep as a collectors item and buy a new cheapy lawn tractor to mow the lawn and a walk behind snowblower to clean out the driveway. makes no sense. an example would be my uncle, a couple years ago i found him a nice JD 210. sure he mows with and hauls things with it, but he still uses a walk behind snowblower. i tried to convince him he needs to find a 37a, but he keeps that piece of crap MTD snowblower.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaulkner View Post
My son has a restored Original he got for Christmas a few years back. He has a ball on it when we go to the tractor shows. This year my little girl is asking for one as well. I found this 100 for a good price and started work on it. litlmikeyl inspired me to post my progress, so here you go. I will add photos as I go.
Now that's my kind of Xmas present! I know my grandaughters would love it. I'm pretty sure your daughter will. Nice choice. Talk at you later.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM

She drives it everyday. They had a great time on it in the snow.
It's all designed to blow our minds, but our minds won't really be blown
Old 01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
nickvanorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad356 View Post
i have a child on the way myself and its going to be a boy. i have a 1971 john deere 112 and a 1970 IH cub cadet 147. right now the 112 runs and the 147 is undergoing a mechanical restoration. eventually i would like to do a full cosmetic restoration on both tractors. this is certainlly something i want to share with my son. he will be running the deere(when he gets older) and i will be running the cub, lol. i will be able to get my 2 acre lawn mowed in 45 minutes. as long as there are parts for these machines, i say keep them running and not just as collectors items but as true workhorse machines, thats what they were designed for. share them with the kids and keep the hobby alive. they are more than just mowers, they also do a wonderful job tilling, and removing snow. i dont understand people that have a classic GT that they keep as a collectors item and buy a new cheapy lawn tractor to mow the lawn and a walk behind snowblower to clean out the driveway. makes no sense. an example would be my uncle, a couple years ago i found him a nice JD 210. sure he mows with and hauls things with it, but he still uses a walk behind snowblower. i tried to convince him he needs to find a 37a, but he keeps that piece of crap MTD snowblower.
probably because its easier than taking off the deck on the 210 and mounting a thrower. i know mounting the thrower on the 102 is a pain in the @$$ and id rather have one of those Toro 45" dual wheeled snowblowers. awesome.