Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Thumbs down Product review cub cadet/agrifab trailer

I was very excited to find a trailer to match my cub I was willing to pay a little more for it but when I got it man was disappointed this trailer is made by/for agrifab with the cub cadet name on it it is a half a$$ designed as far as holes lining up you'd better have a spud bar and a drill at the ready also the sheet metal is very very thin I think the only thing that wont bend it is if I just haul leaves the paint is very poor and i don't expect it to last a season before it starts looking like crap. I know that agrifab isn't what it used to be and its not top of the line so I expected less than perfect but less than less then perfect is just pathetic I'm just passing on my opinion so anybody else interested in on of these is informed
Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Grand Member

Sorry to hear that 1811woody
I have 2 Agri-Fab 17 Cu.Ft. wagons and love them, But they are probably 15 years old.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Grand Member

Thanks for letting us know.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM

I work at a box store (Lowe's) and all i can say is i would never give any of the equpiment we sell, as limited as it is, any thought. Its all too flimsy for any real useful purposes, and a bit high priced in my opinion. The trailers are a pain to build ( yep i assmebled most of them and the other stuff there), and the directions are hard to read or MIA from the factory, the spike areators are often returned with sheared spikes or caved in from the owner adding too much weight for it to hold to make it work right. Also we are having a supplier change over and the agri fab/percise fit name is now Blue Hawk, but the contents are the exact same. Granted we sell nothing of a garden tractor status at my store but the 800 buck bolens is out lasting the new JD's (2k plus) we have for sale. In fact the last few tractor sales ive made i felt a pang of regret for the buyer and even suggested a visit to my local Cub Cadet/ Kubota dealer instead for the money they wish to spend for a new mower/ tractor with the right attachments they are looking for.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Grand Member

I'll stick with my #2 IH cart.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM

I bought this Cub Cadet / Agri Fab trailer used a year and a half ago. I don't know how old it is. The metal is pretty thin but it has survived hauling about 6 cords of firewood around the house so far.

The wheels that it came with are crap though. I have killed both of them and one replacement. I finally replaced them with a set of narrow CC front wheels that a member here was nice enough to give to me. The hubs would just collapse with any weight in the trailer.

It has held up pretty well so far with the replacement wheels. I'd like to find a well made trailer with tapered roller bearings instead of the lousy ball bearings that this uses on the 3/4" axle.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Grand Member

I take a ribbing about the color of my trailer, but, at least it came with real tires and a real axle!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM

I've seen a lot of yard trailers from a lot of different brands and used quite a few or at least seen them in use. My best advise if you want a good trailer is to buy a 25+ year old one and repaint it or do minor repairs, build your own, or spend several hundred dollars on a bigger class of trailer. Sadly, people only buy cheap so that's what manufacturers make.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
I take a ribbing about the color of my trailer, but, at least it came with real tires and a real axle!!

Man stop posting that as it makes me want one looks like would havea good angle approch and I have a few ditches to go through that it would work out for but I would toss it upside down in my muddy creek if I couldnt paint it lol
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
Sadly, people only buy cheap so that's what manufacturers make.
So true. That's why we are all running 40+ year old tractors here.