Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

P&K Cub Cadet Machtech Direct

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Everyone, we have 2 new Sponsors!
Machtech Direct and P&K Cub Cadet (See Links above)

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 01:37 AM

Default Super deck story

For anyone that's followed my posts you know I've had a couple of issues mounting my deck and getting it running.
1st was wrong adjustable hanger the one I had was too short. I quess it was for a non SGT(yellow) the white one and matching adjustable are for the super.

Then once I got that resolved I couldn't keep the pto running. It turned out to be an overheated relay and connector. BTW this is a dumb place to mount it. It and the brake pedal are in the way of installing the side cover. I will likely move it.

Anyway last night I got everything hooked up and working and decided to mow some grass. I mowed the front yard(1/2 acre) and was heading around back and heard a ruckus. The PTO belt had broken. I had reused the one that came with the tractor. I Picked one up on the way home from work today at the local cub dealer. got home and went to install and realized why it broke. That brand new from the dealer adjustable hanger had snapped in 2 pieces in the middle of the eye and dropped the right side of the deck. Hadn't been used on the tractor an hour.
I called the dealer and had 45minutes to get there. I showed them the part and they went to get another. The man came back after awhile and said they didn't have one but were trying to make me one out of 2 others. One with the right eye and one with long enough threads. Few minutes later one of the shop guys brings me a nice welded copy of the factory hanger. They said try this and we'll order you another and call you when it comes in. All free of charge on Friday evening at closing time. Now that's my kind of dealer. this place isn't the cheapest place in town but they obviously have their priorities straight unlike so many bussinesses these days.
I took it home and after getting a lot of belt unwrapped from the PTO got it and the new belt installed. took it out and mowed most of the back yard before dark. The "made" one has already outlasted the "new" one. so the Super has now mowed the grass.
Did I mention how nice power steering is when you have lots of trees! check my thread in attachments for the deck resto.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch View Post
Then once I got that resolved I couldn't keep the pto running. It turned out to be an overheated relay and connector. BTW this is a dumb place to mount it. It and the brake pedal are in the way of installing the side cover. I will likely move it.
????....simply lock the brake pedal down to keep it out of the way of the side panel. As for the relay, I don't see what the problem is. I've never had issues with it interfering with the side panel on my 782, 782D, 1811, or 582.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:53 AM

My brake pedal had been bent in some when I got it. I took it off and straightened it pretty well but clearance is still tight. The new OEM relay seems to stick out even more that the original. Nothing I can't work with but still a bit of a pain.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Just a follow up. The dealer called me at work today to tell me the NEW replacement hanger was in. I picked it up after work NO CHARGE not that I expected one. The even had no charge written on the bag with my name.